If you are sending a present and not attending, it’s a good idea to send it or deliver it ahead of the baby shower, so the expectant parents have it in time. You could also send a thoughtful card in your absence, letting the couple know you are thinking of them even though you can’t be at the shower.
Who do you address the card to at a baby shower?
Write “Dear (Mom’s First Name)” inside the card if you’re close to the expectant mother. Write both parents’ names if it’s a couples shower or if you’re closer to the father. The name you write inside the card should be the same as the outer envelope, unless you only know the father and it’s a ladies shower.
Do you write a new baby card to the baby or parents?
- Remember to wish both the baby and the parents well.
- If addressing the card to the parents, always address them both (given their both in the baby’s life)
- You can address the whole family if you know them very well, or just the baby for a sweet touch.
Do you address baby shower card to mum and dad?
If this is the case, address the baby shower card by writing both the mother and the father’s names on your new baby card. It’s most important to consider how you would address the recipient when you talk to her or him. Most personal letters or cards use the salutation “Dear” followed by a comma.
Do you write a baby shower card to both parents?
How to Address a Baby Shower Card. Take your cues from the baby shower invitation. If it’s a couples’ shower, include both parents-to-be in your well wishes. For ladies-only showers, you can address simply to the expecting mom.
What do you write in a baby shower card?
- “So happy for you.”
- “Wishing all the best for you and your baby-to-be.”
- “Wishing you sweet times ahead…”
- “Can’t wait to meet baby!”
- “Your family is about to get even cuter.”
- “Blessings to baby and you.”
- “Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both you and baby.”
What do you write in a congratulations card for a baby?
Simple New Baby Wishes
- “So happy for you three. …
- “Congratulations on your new arrival. …
- “Wishing you many congratulations on your new bundle of joy.”
- “Wishing you many congratulations on the birth of your daughter/son.”
- “What a very lucky baby! …
- “Well done on creating a mini human being. …
- “Really happy for you both.
What do you write on a card for a newborn?
Short & Sweet Messages
- Congratulations on your beautiful new arrival.
- So very happy for you both!
- Welcome to the world, little one.
- Growing a baby makes you a superhero.
- Congratulations on your gorgeous bundle of joy.
- And then there were three…
- From small beginnings come great things.
How do you address a baby shower envelope?
When addressing your guests, use titles since a baby shower is a formal occasion. Rather than writing, “John Doe”, write “Mr. John Doe”, or rather than writing, “Jane Doe”, write “Mrs. Jane Doe”.
What to say to someone who is about to have a baby?
Words and how they are said can make a huge difference in how she remembers her experience of labor and birth.
- Hang in There! This phrase provides a note of support without a lot of pressure. …
- I Love You. …
- Think of the Baby. …
- You’re Going to Be a Great Mother. …
- Awesome! …
- Keep Going. …
- I’m Here for You. …
- Just a Bit More.
What is baby shower etiquette?
There’s no set length of time for a baby shower. If you consider all that might be included — a meal or light refreshments, games and opening gifts — about two hours is a good guideline for in-person baby showers. You don’t want to exhaust the expectant parent.